Broccoli & Pista Soup
20-25 small florets of broccoli
1 cup American Pistachios
2 tbsps olive oil
2 tsps finely chopped garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt to taste
3 cups vegetable stock
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
½ cup milk
Fresh cream for drizzling
Olive oil for drizzling
Red chilli flakes for garnish
Slivered American Pistachios for garnish
Toasted baguette slices to serve
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick deep pan.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add broccoli and sauté for a few seconds. Add American Pistachios and salt and mix well.
- Add vegetable stock and mix. Let it come to a boil and continue to cook for 10-12 minutes. Switch the heat off and blend it to a fine mixture using and electric hand blender.
- Place the pan back on heat. Add crushed black peppercorns and milk and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Drizzle fresh cream, olive oil, and sprinkle red chilli flakes. Garnish with slivered American Pistachios and serve hot with toasted baguette slices.